Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Sunday, September 10, 2017

My 28th Anniversary, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA



Even the sky was glorious to welcome my 28th anniversary - wedding not birth. It's been awhile since I was 28 - a long while.



The glove tree, getting ready for fall, also welcomed the special day with jazz hands in flower.



The swans stopped by to offer congratulations.



But departed quickly in single file when food was not forthcoming. And speaking of food......



.....Amy is dressed up and ready to go out to lunch at the nearby restaurant, "42 North," right here in downtown Manomet (I use the term "downtown" loosely as applied in Manomet). The artwork on the wall shows the curve of the Pacific Ocean as it graces Laguna Beach, California, a place we visited often in the first seven years of our marriage when we lived in California. That very curve of beach is where Amy and our young son would often meet other moms and kids to play in the sand.  He was born not too far from this spot and spent his first five years there before we moved to Boston.



As I drove down our dirt road heading to lunch, she looked so dashing, I had to stop along the way to make this image.



I won't bore you with food pictures - except the dessert.

Instead of the old punchline, "waiter, what's this fly doing in my soup?," it became, "waiter, what's this tiny human doing in my dessert?" 

Since it was our 28th anniversary lunch, we splurged and ordered a single dessert with two spoons. It was a vanilla and peanut butter ice cream slice of pie, resting on a cookie crumble base, drizzled with maple sauce, hot fudge, and whipped cream. No, it wasn't vegan. Yes, we ate every last bite (and if I was in the privacy of my home I might have licked the plate clean).

Happy Anniversary indeed!



No comments:

Post a Comment