Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

A Rural Church, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA



A cloudy, drizzly day sometimes makes me reflective. I find a rural church like this, barely inches from the dirt road, to be indicative of days gone by when people walked to their local house of worship for both religion and camaraderie.



This one has been here for almost 150 years.



I added this special effect - the church bursting out of the trees or, falling into them depending on your perspective.



And speaking of trees, surprising to me, I've read that there is more tree coverage in Massachusetts today than in past centuries. Back then, most land had to yield crops for survival. Today, we receive much of our food from elsewhere so former cropland has reverted to its natural forested state.


No comments:

Post a Comment