Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Saturday, April 15, 2017

The Arch on Via del Gallo, Lucca, Tuscany, Italy



There is something about an arch that interests me.  Perhaps it's the gravity defying curve of bricks positioned just right, or the shadowed area within, or simply the old world feeling an arch evokes. I often walk by this particular arch when I am out and about and it almost always makes me stop and stare, hoping for a willing subject to pass at just the right time and place and lighting.



I usually don't have to wait too long. We don't seem to do many arches in the United States.



From inside the arch, there is a side passage and Shadowman can be seen in the background reflection as this businessman rides by on his way to an appointment.

Lucca - a city of many arches and many bicycles for people of all ages and walks of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment